Rockland Minerals (TSXV:RL) is focused on developing its Copper-Nickel-Platinum-Palladium and Gold assets located in the Labrador Trough area of Québec, Canada. Rockland is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “RL”. Rockland Minerals is uniquely positioned in the junior mining space:
- Developing Gold, Copper, Nickel, Platinum, Palladium in Canada
- Located in safe, top ranked, mining-friendly jurisdiction of Quebec, Canada
- Focused exploration in Labrador Trough area near infrastructure and other major mining projects
- A Major producer (Anglo American) has acquired a large land package next to Rockland
- Experienced management team
- Active exploration
- No debt
- Blue Lake Cu-Ni-Pt-Pd historical deposits are being actively explored and developed
- Advanced exploration, and the ability to expand and confirm mineralization within a short time horizon
- Working in a world-class mining and exploration area in the Southern Labrador Trough, Quebec
- Aggressive exploration with a commitment to drilling and delivering results
- The Schefferville gold property is delivering very good results
- 36 million shares outstanding
- Experienced management team, advisors and consultants
Blue Lake Cu-Ni-PGM, Quebec
Rockland is focusing on its developing copper (Cu) nickel (Ni) platinum (Pt) palladium (Pd) properties in the Blue Lake District, Labrador Trough, Quebec. The Blue Lake area hosts the best Cu-Ni-Pd-Pt showings in the Labrador Trough. Blue Lake is ideally located as a positive mining destination, approximately 50 km from the town of Schefferville, Quebec which has its own airport and railhead. Under the new “Plan Nord”, the Quebec government announced an $80 Billion infrastructure investment to develop mineral resources in the northern part of the province.
Blue Lake Highlights
- Large Exploration Potential for Cu-Ni-PGMs in Blue Lake District, Labrador Trough, Quebec
- Multiple targets to develop significant tonnage. Land Package covers the best Cu-Ni-PGM showings in the Labrador Trough
- Feeder-Dyke geological model
- Labrador Trough and Southern Raglan belt similarities
- Historical tonnage: 4 sulphide deposits have 4.03 Mt at 0.85% Cu, 0.52% Ni and 0.84 g/t Pt+Pd. Calculated in 1989. Expand known lenses thru down-dip and step-out drilling
- Hollinger and La Fosse Platinum Group drilled approximately 500 holes on Blue Lake sulphide deposits
- Excellent infrastructure (rail, airport). Major investments in surrounding area by government and private investment (Plan Nord)
Schefferville Gold Property, Quebec
- Goal: Discover and Define bulk mineable, disseminated gold deposits
- Rockland has confirmed existence of disseminated gold through drilling
- Gold found in silicate banded iron formations. Discovered in mid-80’s
- Drilling highlights include 7.11m of 5.5 g/t Au, 1.10m of 9.9 g/t Au, 1.2m of 6.6 g/t Au
- Recent Sampling: 12.7 g/t Au, 4.9 g/t Au, 4.4 g/t Au, 3.6 g/t Au and 171.5 g/t Au
Rav Mlait, MBA – President, CEO, and Director
Mr. Mlait has extensive experience in managing and raising capital for public and private companies. Mr. Mlait holds an MBA from Royal Roads University in British Columbia with a specialization in Executive Management and his BA (Economics) from Simon Fraser University and has worked with public companies listed on the TSX and TSX Venture exchange. He was Vice President of Business Development with TSX Venture listed, Pacific Bay Minerals Ltd., exploring in Argentina, Quebec and British Columbia. Prior to becoming an Officer with Pacific Bay he was a Corporate Communications Consultant for the company from 2004 to 2007.
Mr. Mlait has worked with TSX listed junior gold producer and explorer, Cusac Gold Mines Ltd., knowledge-management and CRM software developer, Knexa Solutions Ltd., and financial portal, Stockhouse Media Corporation.
George F. Sanders, M.Sc, P.Geo, – Director
Mr. Sanders is a member of the Association of Professional Geoscientists and Engineers of British Columbia and is a Licensed Engineering Geologist in the State of Washington. He worked for subsidiaries of Gold Fields PLC during the 1980’s in Chile and Nevada, and was Exploration Manager for Canyon Resources in Argentina from 1993 to 1995. From 2004 to 2008 he occupied the positions of Director, President and CEO of Consolidated Pacific Bay Minerals, Ltd., a junior mining company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange, and led exploration programs for uranium and precious metals in Québec and Argentina.
Mr. Sanders obtained his Bachelor of Science in Geological Engineering at the Colorado School of Mines in 1973 and obtained Masters of Science in Geology at that same school in 1975. He is active in the Mining and Exploration Division of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) and also belongs to the Society of Economic Geologists (SEG) and the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG). George writes the Argentina Annual Review for the Mining Journal of London each year.
Ernest D. Black, B.Sc., M.Sc., P.Eng. – Senior Advisor
Over the last 55 years, Mr. Black has worked domestically and internationally in mining and oil and gas exploration since 1954. Approximately 40 years of his career has been spent in corporate management, consulting and project development. Mr. Black is the founder of MPH Consulting Ltd. in Toronto and MPH Consulting Inc. in Denver, Colorado. Over the years, Mr. Black has served as an Officer, Director or Technical Advisor of several Canadian and American companies and continues to actively consult for clients in the mineral industry. His extensive mining career started as a geologist with US Steel Corp’s subsidiary, Quebec Cartier Mining Company (1956 to 1963) and as a Consultant from 1964 to 1970.
Between 1964 and 1967 Mr. Black consulted for WGM on the Baffinland Iron deposits and Hematite Lake Deposits. In 1967, Mr. Black also consulted to Expo Iron Mines Ltd. on the Mt. Laurier iron ore mine and facilities development plan. Recently (2009) his original Peppler Lake and Lamalee Iron deposits (now owned by Cliffs Natural Resources were classified as having a total indicated resource of 935 million tonnes at 29.72% total Fe.
Bryan Loree BA, CMA – CFO and Director
Mr. Loree has been the CFO of Rockland since incorporation in 2008. Since 2005 he has held numerous accounting roles for private companies in various industries including, renewable energy, exploration, and construction. During this time he has also performed capital raising activities for both private and public companies, primarily in the exploration and renewable energy sectors. Prior to entering the accounting field, Mr. Loree spent three years as an investor relations manager for public exploration companies and two years in the banking industry. Mr. Loree holds a Certified Management Accountant designation, a Financial Management Diploma from the British Columbia Institute of Technology, and a BA from Simon Fraser University.
Kanwar Herr, BA, LLB – Director
Mr. Herr has been an associate counsel at Dhinsa Law Office since 2005, focusing his practice in corporate law and civil litigation. Mr. Herr has significant experience in managing corporate affairs for private land development businesses across Canada and internationally. Mr. Herr obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Simon Fraser University in 2000 and his Bachelor of Laws (Honors) from the University of Wolverhampton in London, England in 2002.
Brian Johnston – Director
Mr. Johnston is Senior Vice-President, with Horizons Exchange Traded Funds Inc., a provider of leveraged, inverse and actively managed Exchange Traded Funds and is responsible for business development in Western Canada since 2004. Mr. Johnston has over 10 years experience in the investment industry, many of those spent in asset management and structured product sales. He started his career as an investment advisor with Merrill Lynch and CIBC Wood Gundy, advising investors and corporations in Western Canada.
Consultants / Advisors
Brian Grant, P.Geo Senior Advisor
Dr. James Mungall, P.Geo, Senior Advisor
Dr. Serge Chevé, P.Geo, Consultant
Réjean Girard, P.Geo, Consultant
Gennady Ivanov, P.Geo, Consultant
Etienne Forbes, P.Geo, Consultant